Thursday, December 20, 2007

When It Rains It Pours

So this morning I was on my way to South Prcupine to drop Evan off to his dad when all of a sudden, I got very dizzy. I stopped the van about halfway there, pulled over to the side of the highway and blacked out waking up in a snowbank on the side of the road. Luckily, I had my cell phone and called the store and my friend(who was supposed to be off today) answered the phone. I told her the situation and she hopped in the car with my ex(who by this time was waiting for me) and came down to pick me up. She brought me hom, where I fell asleep until she returned about 8:30ish to check on me. Whn she got here, I guess I had been hallucinating, cause I was sure Craig had been here and I had had a whole conversation with him. She told me to get dressed and took me to the hospital. After blood work and another ECG, I waited for the results. So far it has all come back ok, but they are waiting on one more teat result to come in. The doctor then informed me that until I got the ok from him, I am not to drive. This means I will be back in my old store for the next few weeks and my friend has now become my chauffer. I am being referred to an internalit who will likely run more tests and the are going to hook me up to a "loop" monitor which will record my evey heartbeat for the next two weeks. Holy crap man, it's been a rough month! Has anybody ever had one of those monitor things? Are they uncomfortable? That being said, I am very, very tired. I will keep you all posted on how things go over the holidays....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big hugs.

Ma Horton said...

Crap and I am the last to know ...Theresa take care of yourself and that is an order .

Anonymous said...

I know this can sound like crap and platitudes, but hang in there, T. You've had a rough year, but it's almost over. Here's to 2008.

Okay, now take your right arm and wrap it over your left shoulder. Then take your left arm and wrap it over your right shoulder. Now squeeze. That's a cyberhug from me. I'm sure you feel much better already. If not, get a hug from Evan. Is there anything better?

Take care.