Sunday, June 3, 2007

The Single Life

So last night I did someting I've never done before. I got together with oneof the girls from work and 2 of her friends, and went to a singles dance. I have decided that the past shall stay behind me and it is time to move on. I got a good swift kick in the pants the other day(okay, so it was a cyber kick) from a friend and I have decided that I have spent enough time and tears on things and it is time to get on with my life. I deserve better dammit! So back to *the dance*...I went, paid my cover charge(or whatever they call it now) and headed to the rest room where I called a freind of mine to *rescue me*. Don't get me wrong, the people that were there seemed to be having a good time, they were all just a little bit, ummm, how shall I say, more mature than I. Okay, they were older and I'm not just talkin a yr or two. I left my friend there(she is a bit older than I,and she understood how I was feeling) and hooked up with another friend. Long story short, we had a decent time and decided next time will be better. So for all of you thinking I am sitting at home feeling sorry for myself, those days are over. Finally. *This is my now* xo

4 comments:

Ma Horton said...

Reading this made me very happy . This is your NOW ...and somewhere down the road of life is a special person waiting to find just you .

Maria said...

Keep your chin up and Keep smiling GIRL! Next time anyone tries to bring you down give them a swift kick in the A**.

JB said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes, and good luck to you in staying on your current path. Some days will be better than others, but that's just life - everybody goes through that. Just keep being the person you are, because you're onviously a good person who's worthy of lots of love and good things in her life.

JB said...

Obviously, I meant to write 'obviously'.
;-)