Monday, June 11, 2007

A Little Perspective


So, this weekend we went to Callander (just outside of North Bay) to visit my sister in law who was there visiting from Michigan. Had a super time and headed out about 2:20 yesterday afternoon. This is what we missed being involved in by about 5 minutes. I am at this very moment thanking God for any and every diversion (Needed a Tim's fix for the highway) that kept us from being involved in this. I don't have too many details, aside from one fatality and I believe 5-6 vehicles. The highway was closed for approximately 8-9 hours. We re-routed (an unexpected adventure is what I told Evan) and what should have been a 3.5 hour trip turned into 6. As I look at this picture, I don't care if it had taken us 6 days. Thanks for it not being our time to go.

2 comments:

Bob said...

As I've expressed before, I am a firm believer in Fate. I'm glad it wasn't time for you or Evster.

Hugs for both of you. Have you stopped shaking yet?

Maria said...

WOW! Thats all I can say.