Sunday, January 20, 2008

Time

For such a small word, it has such great impact on all of our lives. You cannot turn it back, move it ahead, stop it, or even change what happened in just one small moment. And I'm sure there's not one of us who hasn't at some point wanted to do one or all of those things. I have spent the week tired, sick and alone and it has given me nothing in return but time, to think, reflect and remember. Obviously, there are a lot of things I would not change, as they have made me who I am today. This week also marked a reality check for me, as my friend/co-worker lost her mom. I dread the day that a call comes and life is forever changed. On my visit to the ER on Monday night, (early Tues morning), I was witness to the moment a man had to call and tell his family they had lost a member of theirs in a fire. I wanted nothing more than to simply go and hug this man that I had never met, simply for the fact that he was hurting and in shock. Later in the week, I found out the day the gentleman passed away, they had celebrated a brand new grandbaby. One life begins, another is taken away. Time is so precious, I just hope I have a LOT left to spend with my family and friends. You can bet I called all 3 sets of parents up just because. The family lost everything in the fire, and are asking for donations. Today, I clean house, not because I HAVE to, but because I want to be able to help those who have lost so much this week. Take a minute today and be thankful for the times you've had, good or bad, and remember, time marches on....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, T.
Funny how people's lives inter-twine unexpectedly, too, isn't it? I've been reading on The Daily Press website about the fire tragedy, and little did I know of your connection.
If you haven't read Mitch Albom's The Five People You Meet In Heaven, I recommend it. If you're like me, you'll figure out at least one person you'll meet.

Also, it's nice to see your positive outlook in such tragic circumstances as the loss of your friend's mother, and the fire. I'd say you're back on track, Girl, and it looks good on you.

Give Evster a hug for Cyberuncle Bob, will ya?