Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Blur

So my last post was pretty positive, right? Well, since then, my best friend was admitted to the hospital for an intentional (almost) overdose, my dad had a third heart attack and is in the hospital in North Bay and my boyfriend has until June 1st to find a place to live as his landlord has decided to give the place to his daughter. Oh, and my bff and her husband have until May 1st to find a place as her landlord is losing his job and he and his wife and kids will be moving into the apartment. Needless to say, I am a wee bit emotional these days. In between seeing my bff and taking a quick trip to see my dad, I have been keeping fairly busy so as to avoid thinking about what could have been. Best not to think that way. Although we have only been friends for about 3 yrs, it feels like she and her family have been a part of my life forever. Her kids are my kids and my kids are her kids. We may not be blood, but we are family. Hell she was there holding my hand the day Noah was born. I miss her more than words can say right now, as her visits and calls are limited. All I can do is pray for the best and hope she lets the professionals help her. As for my dad, he is out of critical care but still in the hospital, for how long I do not know. I am a daddy's girl through and through and am not afraid to admit it, even at 36. It seems when it rains it pours. The only thing to do right now is take one day at a time, and be thankful I am not alone.

2 comments:

Bob said...

And count your blessings (as I know you do): Evan, Noah and Curtis.

Ma Horton said...

Never alone sweetheart ...though it may feel that way at times.