Monday, February 25, 2008

Insight...


Wish I had some. Long story short, since I had such a crappy and ill-filled winter, I am thinking it has had some effect on Evan. There used to be no trouble going to bed, always indepndent, never fearful of much of anything. The last few months have marked a change...he is constantly needing to be reassured that I am not going anywhere(even when I just get up to powder my nose, it's "where are you going mommy?) and bedtime has become a tug of war lately. He calls up the stairs every 3-5 minutes..."I love you mommy" which is beautiful to hear, but at the same time, it worries me. I am always telling him that I love him and that I am not going anywhere. I often wonder if it somewhat stems from the fact that his dad left. He is the bright spot in my darkest days. I guess my being sick this winter took a toll on him as well. I just hope he realizes one day, I ain't goin nowhere......he's stuck with me forever. And I wouldn't want it any other way.

3 comments:

Bob said...

Sometimes, a guy just needs a little reassurance from his Mom.

Um, T, when did he start wearing his shorts on his head? :)

Bob said...

No, I'm serious, when? Have you seen a doctor about that? Any problems in school, like with writing letters upside down? Especially the O and capital H?
The condition can be reversed if it's treated early enough, but I'm worried that it's too late for Evster.

Concerned,
Ev's Cyber Uncle Bob

Ma Horton said...

Come on Bob ..we know you wear your shorts on your head too when nobody is lookin'.