Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Verdict is In...

...on the MRI I had last week on both knees. It seems I have tears in both (ergo the constant pain) and they are referring me to an orthopedic surgeon. They will do a scope which I understand is done with a local anesthetic and a small incision in which they will insert a camera and see the damage. Then, we go from there. Weehee, sounds like a grand ole time doesn't it? Anybody ever had this done? I had a wee bit of a laugh when the doctor called me herself and asked if I was an athelete or runner. Anybody that knows me knows that me + exercise= not gonna happen. So, any volunteers out there wanna come hold my hand? There's a free coffee in it for you if you do! When I had surgery on my nose about 6 yrs ago(surgery, not a nose job!) I passed out before even getting the gown on while fnishing up the paper work. Look up wuss in the dictionary and you will find a pic of yours truly. Don't ask me how I ever delivered a child cause we all know where that came from! And JB, thanks for taking the time to note it has been 10 days since my last post. I feel like I ought to confess something now! xo

2 comments:

JB said...

No need to reveal anything you don't want to reveal...
;-P

When it comes to pain, you and I are opposites. Not that I welcome pain - I just don't let it get the better of me. I'm just six weeks past my hip surgery now, and I'm already walking without the cane - and the folks at physio yesterday were baffled. They couldn't come up with any more challenging exercises for me to do, because I was already doing all the tough ones. That felt good.
You'll be fine. If you faint, who cares? That's how you deal with it. No need to be ashamed of it. You're not the biggest wuss I know, either. There's a woman at work who won't even get her teeth cleaned without being gassed to sleep. Crazy. I mean, I know a few people who get anaesthetized for fillings and other denatal work, but to get your teeth cleaned?

Good luck with your scope, t.

Bob said...

I had arthroscopic surgery on my right knee twice: Once in 1987 in North Bay, and then in 1996 in Timmins. It's really no big deal, although if I had seen the feature about it on The Nature of Things before surgery #1, I never would have gone through with it. Luckily, you'll sleep through the whole thing.

Depending on what they find, they might be able to fix it while they're in there with the scope.

The first time, I was on crutches for a week. The second time, I went back to work the next day avec crutches, and threw the damned things away two days after that.

Really, it's quite non-invasive, done in day surgery, and no big deal. Bank this for yours: "Now now, there there, CQ."