Sunday, June 8, 2008

News Flash


Yes, that is yours truly in the local paper, along with my friends/coworkers. The positive response we have gotten from the day is incredible. I think we have all been told at one point or another what an awesome thing we did. And after a few days, the shock has worn off and I am getting used to the new 'do. The best part...wash and go baby! I have received may compliments on the fact that now you can see my eyes. A friend of mine was happy to see the bangs gone, she said she thought I had been hiding behind them for a long time, which may be true. I believe the grand total from ALL donations(hair included) was about $2200. Not bad for a little store that has only been open 6 months. Not bad at all......

1 comment:

Bob said...

You, my dear T, are part of what has been an inspirational week for me.
First, you and your co-workers did the hair thing; then on the weekend, a group of 16 of my co-workers walked 60 km over two days, in the Weekend to End Breast Cancer. They and a thousand other people walked, raising $2.1-million for the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation.

I bow to your selflessness.